- A Overview
- B National Implementing Entity
- C Expected timeframe for the implementation of the mitigation action
- D Currency
|Conversion to USD: 1
- E Cost
|Estimated full cost of implementation
|Comments on full cost of implementation
The Government of Georgia will contribute 0.5 mio Euro
|Estimated incremental cost of implementation
|Comments on estimated incremental cost of implementation
- F Support required for the implementation the mitigation action
|Amount of Financial support
|Type of required Financial support
|Comments on Financial support
The Government of Georgia will contribute 0.5 mio Euro. Given the estimated total costs of 2 mio Euro, financial support of 1.5 mio Euro is still lacking to assure the implementation of the initiative.
|Amount of Technological support
|Comments on Technological support
|Amount of capacity building support
|Type of required capacity building support
|Comments on Capacity Building support
- G Estimated emission reductions
- H Other indicators
|Other indicators of implementation
- I Other relevant information
|Other relevant information including co-benefits for local sustainable development
The complete title of the project is: Adaptive Sustainable Forest Management in Borjomi -A model for improved sustainable management of forests, adaptation to climate change, promotion of co-benefits (such as biodiversity protection, poverty alleviation and improving the livelihood and resilience of local communities) with full stakeholder participation in Central Georgia. The overall objective of the project is "to improve the livelihood of people by supporting the sustainable development of forest ecosystems in Georgia". The project will fully take into consideration the high conservation value (HCV) forest management approach.
- J Relevant National Policies strategies, plans and programmes and/or other mitigation action
|Relevant National Policies
In December 2013, the Georgian parliament has approved a new vision and guiding policy for the forest sector. Climate change herein has been identified as a key-challenge to the sustainable development of Georgia’s forests. With regards to climate change, the document recommends to elaborate and implement activities aimed at mitigating and adapting to climate impacts on forests, including by:
- Commissioning a national report on the impacts of expected climate change on forests and forest goods and services and on potential mitigation and adaptation strategies, using the best available information from national and international sources.
- Conducting national dialogues on the impacts of expected climate change on forests and possible mitigation and adaptation strategies.
- Categorizing forest stands according to forest composition and vulnerability to climate change; elaborating and adopting sustainable management guidelines, including guidance on mitigation and adaptation measures, for each forest type.
- Preparing and implementing mitigation and adaption plans for forest stands that are vulnerable to climate change.
The project is expected to contribute to the implementation of the above-mentioned activities.
|Link to other NAMAs
- K Attachments
- L Support received
|Outside the Registry
|Within the Registry