Sierra Leone is soliciting both technical and financial support to undertake the preparation of the country Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action (NAMA). The NAMA preparation and implementation process has the potential to strengthen national institutional capacity and transfer knowledge to sectoral institutions. As progress is tracked towards reducing our emissions over time, the capacity of technical staff will increase and a foundation will be built for tracking progress of our emission cut through different climate change interventions. Also developing the country NAMA can enable countries to link climate change to other national priorities, such as sustainable development and poverty reduction. It can also help countries coordinate among sectors and allow decision makers to identify synergies among sectoral plans for the overall reduction of their carbon foot prints over time without compromising development aspiration.
To be able to prepare Sierra Leone nationally appropriate mitigation action (NAMA) that will reflect the country concerns in addressing the issues of climate change and build on sectoral synergies to enable emission reduction starting 2016.
1. To mobilize financial resources to support activities in the preparation of the country nationally appropriate mitigation action (NAMA).
2. To solicit technical support in facilitating the preparation of the country nationally appropriate mitigation action (NAMA).
3. To support the development of a well-articulated nationally appropriate mitigation action (NAMA).
1.5 EXPECTED OUTCOME
1. Financial support provided to meet all relevant cost as budgeted.
2. Country Technical team enhanced through external technical support.
3. A detail road map known as the nationally appropriate mitigation action (NAMA) developed